Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Operation Escape Storm

     We've had storms all throughout the day. I have my window open now. We were having a nice Ladies Night out when the clouds started PMS-ing... All is calm now. More storms expected tomorrow, just scattered throughout the day... I am perfectly fine with that. Storms usually mean a breeze will come in through my window. This is considerably better than heat and humidity that usually plagues the summer days. The only disadvantage to having the window open are the freight trains that rumble past my house every 10 minutes. My room faces the railroad tracks situated 50 or so feet across the parking lot. Some of the noises they make seriously creep me out... Can you say horror movie?

     Ladies Night proved to be a bundle of laughs and good company. We stopped at a thrift store first. I found a neat bamboo wall decoration with a picture of a tiger on it. My wall looks less bare with it hanging there.
RAWR

     Dinner took place at Portillo's. I devoured a "Big Beef", french fries, and a large Coke. A "Big Beef" is basically an oversized Italian beef sandwich. Mine was dressed with gardinare, sweet peppers, and mozzarella cheese. My ability to finish the meal was met with doubt by the diners in my group. Hunger has it's triumphs though. I am set for the rest of the night. No more food, please.

     We continued our journey to Walmart where essential item to keep house were purchased. I upgraded my toothbrush. My roommate had fun pushing (driving, ha) the cart around the store. We frolicked through the many new scents of laundry detergent. My favorite was Hawaiian Aloha (or something like that). As we were leaving, the sky looked like it was enveloping the setting sun with angry storm clouds. Lightening flashed and thunder rumbled. We arrived at PetSmart to pick up some dog food and exchange an item. JDog has a new Chuck It to enjoy. Note from JDog: Imagine a life with tennis balls flying further than the canine eye can see... Epic amounts of speedy chases... *runs in his sleep* As I gathered up my item, my friend told me that the employees advised us to go home before the storm hit harder. We were paying for our items and my friend pulled the car up to the door. The storm was rapidly approaching.

     We decided to take a chance and go to Target so I can return some clothing. I made a mad dash for the door, returned my items, and dashed out. Tornado potential storm continued to loom toward us at a magnificent speed. We arrived back at my house just as the storm was raging even harder.

     I'm not going to lie. I have this intense love of storms and all things involving mass chaos. Midwestern hooligans like myself marvel in the sinister ways of a thunderstorm.

     My sleep schedule has been horrendous as of late. Who goes to bed at 6 AM and gets up at 1 PM? Nothing gets accomplished during the time that I am asleep. Summer brings homework and new hobbies. (Hello blog!!!) Amongst all the mess, I have to sift out what I need to be productive during this period of R&R (Rest and Relaxation).

I need to go to bed... Gotta get a lot done tomorrow.

Tschüß!

No comments:

Post a Comment